Stryders Fund

Stryder has an account at Mid Oregon Federal Credit Union under "Stryder Doescher".


Please spread the word about this digital stamp
You can get it here for only $5 for all three images





Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Stryders List

Visit Stryders List - Crafting for a Cause! A crafting directory with craft events, stores and reviews all in one place!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Let me start by saying that my keybo0ard keeps typing in letters random0ly, so I apologize in advance. Not sure why it's doing it though but every time I type the letter "o" it types ano0ther in capital and will even stick until I type a new letter.

Stryder has started preschool, but he has no0t do0ne the evaluatio0n yet, so0 he can't ride the bus. He has that o0n October 15 so until then, I have to0 take him and stay in two0n until he is out because it's so far away. The teachers love him and say they want to 0take him hom0e with them. The SLP, Miss Mo is wonderful! She is really pushing fo0r us to0 learn ASL and feels that because he is so smart it's not goi0ng to be long before he starts getting frustrated. My mo0m and I are able to take two classes at the scho0o0l my daughter goes to0. so0 every Wednesday we are in school from0 8 AM until almost 11 learning sign language. I don't know0 ho0w I will ever remember everything, but I'm trying. Miss Mo is very impressed that he know0s ho0w to count and kno0ws all his co0lors. She said she started his testing fo0r speech and he is pretty severe, which we knew. He o0nly was able to say o0ne wo0rd with an ending co0nsonant: Brush, he said bus, but was not0 able to0 repeat it. If we work o0n it for a long perio0d, saying it o0ver and over, he can say dah ssshhhhh. So0 it's there almo0st. We are now at a cro0ss roads because he needs to0 learn how to0 read and write so0o0n and we (and everyo0ne is spending so0 much time with speech and no o0ne even kno0ws if he will ever be able to 0talk, what do we do? Just do0 signing and spelling with hands and let the therapists do0 the speech or what. Miss Mo thinks we need to0 mo0ve o0n, but no0t give up. I try not to0 be sad abou0t it, he really is happy.

Lately we have no0ticed that his feet and legs are not0 "right" - it's as if he is walking and has braces. I have known that he has lo0w muscle to0ne in his wrists and ankles, fingers and toe0s, but it's getting pretty bad. He can't walk withou0t bending his ankle. We went to0 find him so0me boo0ts to0 help suppo0rt his ankles until we can get insurance and go to 0the DR and went to0 mor0e than 9 sto0res. ALL thou0ght he was wearing braces the way he walked. I am able to0 take his fo0o0t and with no effort, twist it completely around. We are sure he will need some sort of brace to co0rrect it and make them stro0nger. I hate that he will have struggles that we do0n't have, but as I have said, he is a happy little bo0y and so0o0o0o0 eager to please everyo0ne.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm happy that Stryder seems to like school. So from what your saying he will always be in specail school. Remember Stryder is smart he has already learned a great deal, if he is not able to read and write in a tradational manner, he is stil reading when he learns sign. You as a mother will know when he is ready to read and write trust you judgement. And give him extra hugs.

Wish I had better words to help you.

Up for a Link Exchange? Would love to exchange links and/or badges with you! Let me know so I can link you up too!

About Me